Friday, June 19, 2009

No matter...

No matter what awful thing I do, no matter how bad I allow it to get, no matter how far I go, no matter what lengths I take, He promises to be with me. He will remain by my side no matter the heartache I put Him through, no matter what pain I cause Him to endure, no matter what sorrow I saddle Him with, He promises, He will never leave me or forsake me.

No matter what is outside of my control, no matter what I cannot see, no matter what I cannot do, no matter the circumstances I find myself in, no matter why I wasn't able to foresee what would happen, no matter if I succeed or if I fail, He promises, He will never leave me or forsake me.

No matter what I look like, no matter who people may think I am, no matter if my hair is thin, no matter if I am unattractive or unsightly, no matter if I am ill and cannot stand, no matter if I am in a place where no one wants to be, no matter if no one comes to visit, no matter if no one cares for me and I am all alone, no matter if I am unloved by anyone for the rest of my days, He promises, He will never leave me or forsake me.

No matter if I don't know where I come from, no matter if I don't know where to go to, know matter if I don't know who my family is or who I belong to, no matter if I've lost something so precious it has broken me, no matter if I am cold or lost or practically lifeless, no matter if I am weak or frail, no matter if they say my life is worthless, no matter if I am bought or traded or discarded or enslaved, no matter if I cannot go where my heart wants to take me, He promises, He will never leave me or forsake me.

Lord, thank You for your promises. Thank You for always being there whether I think You're there or not. Thank You for loving me when I'm unlovely and for caring for me when I'm uncaring. Thank You for being my comfort when I need arms to run to and hold me tight. Thank you for Your deep reassurance that I am a treasure in Your sight no matter how low I may feel about myself and no matter how insignificant others may make me feel. Thank you Lord, for being my Redeemer, the One who has rescued me from a darkness known only to those who are beyond blindness and past all hope. Most of all, thank You Lord for Your unchanging love and never-failing forgiveness... the very reasons why I am Yours.

No comments: